“SEE YOU” Visual Culture: Research, Study, CollaborationOctober 19, 2017
The Fresh Eye platform for visual culture studies invites the general public, representatives of scientific and educational institutions, non-profit organizations and students across disciplines to attend the open conference meeting which will map and discuss the state of the field of visual culture studies in the Czech Republic, offer an opportunity to learn about trade titles and draw inspiration from abroad.
When: October 19, 2017, 2 – 8 pm
Where: „Hybernská žije“ Student Center of Charles University in Prague, Hybernská 4, Prague 1
Why: The conference aims to create a meeting point where we can share our experience, introduce interesting research projects and books and discuss the teaching of visual studies at Czech universities.
Download the promotional materials in Czech here.
2:00 – 2:10 pm Introduction
2:10 – 3:45 pm Current research projects
* Josef Sudek and Photographic Documentation of Works of Art: From a Private Art Archive to Representing a Cultural Heritage
(Hana Buddeus & Katarína Mašterová, Institute of Art History of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
(Andrea Průchová, National Film Archive/Faculty of Arts of Charles University in Prague/CESNET)
* HistoryLab: Educational Application for Working with Historical Sources
(Čeněk Pýcha & Jiří Maha, Institute for the Study of Totalitarian Regimes)
3:45 – 4:00 pm Coffee break / book panel
4:00 – 5:15 pm Round table on the state of teaching visual culture at Czech universities
* Martin Foret (Palacký University Olomouc) * Ladislav Kesner (Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University) * Filip Láb (Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University in Prague) * Kateřina Svatoňová (Faculty of Arts of Charles University in Prague) * Eva Šlesingerová (Faculty of Social Studies of Masaryk University) * Jaroslav Vančát (Faculty of Humanities of Charles University) * moderated by Andrea Průchová (Fresh Eye)
5:15 – 6:00 pm Open discussion forum
6:00 – 6:30 pm Coffee break / book panel
6:30 – 8:00 pm Special guest Marquard Smith: Don’t Reinvent the Wheel: What Is to Be Done?
8:00 – 10:00 pm Unofficial program
Throughout the conference, you can buy trade titles at the book panels of ArtMap bookstore and of the Academic Research Centre of the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague.
- Image versus Gentrification
October 09, 2018
- Conference SEE YOU II
October 17, 2018
- Image versus Violence
November 13, 2018
- DONNA HARAWAY: STORY TELLING FOR EARTHLY SURVIVAL Screening
December 10, 2018
- Image versus Visual Activism
December 11, 2018